HIGHGAS: Metrology for High Impact GreenHouse GASes
Home > Workpackages
WP1 - High accuracy primary reference gas mixtures
- Static reference standards (CO2, CH4, N2O and CO) at unprecedented levels of accuracy
- Investigation of systematic biases introduced from instrumentation at monitoring stations.
- Assessment of the comparability of traceable reference standards to existing standards and scales.
WP2 - Dynamic methods for trace amount fractions and dissemination to the field
- High accuracy dynamic reference standards (CO and N2O) for field calibration and
validation for WP1.
- High accuracy dynamic reference standards for F-gases(sub nmol/mol).
- Field dissemination and comparison to global scales for F-gases.
WP3 - Spectroscopic methods for isotopic composition measurements and transfer standards
- Needs and potential impact of spectrometric gas metrology.
- Complementary spectroscopy for high accuracy CO and CO2 reference standards
- Isotope ratio measurements based on optical spectroscopy to support standards and determine origin.
WP4 - Creating Impact
- Disseminate traceability, engage stakeholders (atmospheric monitoring community, gas and instrument manufacturers and standardisation organisations) and provide training for the community of users.
- Exploitation of reference standards, methods and calibration devices.
- Knowledge transfer and link research activities to current FP7 projects (e.g. ICOS InGOS and ACTRIS).
WP5 - Management and Coordination
- The consortium brings high quality and relevant experience. Tasks are suitably balanced between partners, exploiting complementarity and experience.
- A dedicated project management team at NPL will play a key role in enabling a successful project.
The research within this EURAMET joint research project receives funding from the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme, ERA-NET Plus, under Grant Agreement No. 217257.