News & Events
- Inter-laboratory study on measurement of surface chemistry of nanoparticles
NPL is organising an inter-laboratory study on the measurement of nanoparticles' interface by techniques such as XPS, LEIS and MEIS. The study won't just be limited to an analysis of the measurement outcomes, but will also evaluate the issues related to the preparation of the samples and the variability introduced by it. The systems, that NPL will be providing, are likely to be gold nanoparticles coated with a SAM of short peptides. NPL is aiming at running the study under VAMAS and samples will be distributed to the participants in January 2015.
If you are interested in this study, or want to suggest other laboratories that may be interested, please contact Caterina Minelli (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- HLT04 BioSurf 36 Month Consortium Meeting
20 April 2015, Peckforton Castle, Cheshire, UK
- Workshop: Nanoparticle concentration, chemistry and
20 - 24 April 2015, Peckforton Castle, Cheshire, UK
This four-day workshop will engage international experts in a lively
scientific debate around the measurement of concentration of nanoparticle in
media, their chemistry and the nature of critical interfaces.
- 13-18 October: ECASIA '13
Conference on Applications of Surface and Interface Analysis
Resort, Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy.
- Proposed 18 Month Meeting and next Advisory Board Meeting to
coincide with ECASIA 13 in Sardinia on 15 October 2013.
- NPL hosted a special session on Biosurfaces at ECASIA on 15-16
- 12 Month Meeting was held at PTB, Berlin, Germany, on 11-12
- 6 Month Meeting held at NPL, Teddington, UK, on 19 October
- Kick-off Meeting held at Peckforton Castle, Cheshire, UK, on 15